During COVID-19 (and beyond), Chez Allison offers both in-salon and outdoor services in her private backyard patio.
Outdoors: Spring and Fall, experience the “Beauty Dome”, a 15’x15’ clear PVC waterproof dome, that is both heated and ventilated. Come summer, you can enjoy the patio, dome-free, under the canopy of a 150-year-old maple.
Indoors: This year-round option, boasts two different HEPA filters. One with UVC light technology to destroy droplets. The second with the latest Plasma technology to eradicate the smallest of airborne particles.
Keeping You Safe
Chez Allison provides safety protocols for the guest and stylist.
- Sanitizes or washes hands upon arrival.
- Is offered an optional 3 ply mask if they have forgotten theirs, or arrives at the salon from another outing.
- Is offered the use of Crocs® (in inclement weather) to keep feet warm and hair-free while in the salon.
- Receives a freshly laundered cape and towels.
- Executes pre-screening protocols for each guest and maintains contact tracing data.
- Washes hands before and after each client.
- Changes her gown and mask with each new appointment.
- Stringently cleans and disinfects the salon.
- Conducts temperature checks
- Allows 30 minutes between appointments for disinfection and complete airing of the Salon.
Take a tour of the studio here.
Emily, 20 years old, Student-University of Waterloo
Before finding Chez Allison I experienced anxiety around getting my hair done, but Allison’s nurturing energy dissolved that. Be my hair long, short, undercut, balayaged or a special-occasion look, Allison has always delivered. I go out of my way to have my hair done in her wonderful, relaxing environment, and recommend you do, too!
Julia, Vice President of Marketing
I’ve been a client of Allison’s for years, for one reason only — Allison! Each appointment, she takes time to ask questions about my needs, wants and the direction we want to take my hair, which intimately reflects my own changing life, self image and emotions. She’s an exceptional stylist and colourist with an artistic eye, proving art and emotion go hand in hand when it comes to hair. I highly recommend Allison for any and all of your hairdressing needs.
P, Male, Lawyer
I used to hate getting my hair cut, and now I look forward to it. Allison creates such a warm, welcoming, and peaceful environment for all her clients you might not even notice that you are in the hands of a truly skillful and talented professional. Through the last 20 years of varying degrees of balding and greying, she's always kept me looking good.
The Malcolms, Retired, Seniors
My husband and I have been exceptionally pleased with Chez Allison’s services, where top priority is her customers. She continually implements ways to make her guests feel important be it through the use of natural products, taking courses, suggesting new styles or offering a soothing cup of tea. While her COVID protocols make us feel very safe, getting our hair done in the “Beauty Dome” surrounded by beautiful gardens is truly a peaceful, relaxing and spa-like experience.